Apple TV is a micro-console and digital media player. It is developed and manufactured by Apple Inc. It is also known as iTV, but its official name is Apple TV because of a trademark issue with the British television network ITV.
Apple TV is not as famous as other Apple products for some reason, but Apple lovers are now inclined towards this option of streaming and watching content. This article will explain how to jailbreak Apple TV with Blackb0x and the risks and benefits associated with jailbreaking tvOS.
What Does Jailbreaking Apple TV Mean?
Jailbreaking an Apple TV is a process in which you can use some tools to modify its operating system and remove the restrictions placed by the developers to access third-party unauthorized apps from unofficial/unauthorized App stores like Cydia. Users can ignore the limitations and explore their Apple TV devices to their full potential.
There are many streaming platforms and other apps that can’t be accessed on Apple TV devices. The option of jailbreaking an Apple TV is always there to access those platforms. There are some benefits, but the risks and security concerns involved in jailbreaking the Apple device should be kept in mind to avoid any problems.
4 Risks of Jailbreaking Apple TV
Below are the 4 risks involved in jailbreaking Apple TV:
- Bricking the Device: One of the risks in jailbreaking Apple TV is that if you do not follow the proper process or make some wrong command, your Apple device can turn into a brick, which means it is totally useless.
- Prone to Cyberattacks: Users need to download or install third-party unknown sources apps for jailbreaking, which is a risky move because it may attract malware and cyberattacks.
- Glitches and Malfunctioning Devices: users who jailbreak the Apple TV may experience some technical glitches because the third-party apps or software downloaded for jailbreaking have never been tested on iOS before, so the device may malfunction.
- Jailbreaking Nullify the Warranty: Jailbreaking Apple TV is not allowed and is a violation of the end-user license. It does not offer any warranty as a result of any problem that may occur due to third-party unauthorized apps or software.
8 Reasons to Jailbreak Apple TV
There are many reasons to jailbreak Apple TV, as it can increase the potential of the device. Some of the reasons are as follows:
- Jailbreaking Apple TV is Reversible: The most satisfying thing is that jailbreaking Apple TV is a reversible act. You can bring the settings back to the original by updating the automatic operating system or by bringing your device back to factory settings.
- Customization Options: Apple TV jailbreaking will open lots of customization windows for you, especially if you are using the older versions of the Apple TV. Users can modify the screen saver/color palette according to their choice. Users can also hide certain menus or add shortcuts to the main screen.
- Media Library Expansion: Apple TV increases the media options for Apple devices, which may not be allowed on the devices in original settings. However, the hardware of the Apple TV may cause some problems because of no new updates.
- Offline& Online Media Players: Jailbreaking an Apple TV allows you to access many offline/online media players like NitoTV or Kodi. These media players provide access to many TV channels and streaming apps and even illegal or pirated content.
- Access to Unauthorized Apps: Jailbreaking Apple TV gives you access to a lot of unauthorized apps that aren’t available on Apple devices in their original settings, such as Cydia Store, which has a lot of unauthorized apps available for devices that have been jailbroken.
- Device Control: Apple TV is usually controlled by its remote control only, but jailbreaking an Apple TV gives you an opportunity to connect and control it with Mac, PC, iPhone, and iPad. Jailbroken Apple TV can even play music on AirPlay. However, these settings can only be applied on the newer version of Apple TV.
- Web Browsing: Apple TV does not have a web browsing facility, but jailbreaking Apple TV provides access to apps with HTTP5 support browsers, which can be used for web browsing.
- Easy & Secure Data Transfer: Users can access the full file system of the Apple TV, which was not allowed before, and transfer their data securely by jailbreaking an Apple TV.
Is Jailbreaking Apple TV Illegal?
Jailbreak an Apple TV is against Apple’s policies. It violates the end-user license and is definitely not legal. There are many risks involved in jailbreaking your Apple device.
It may nullify the warranty of your Apple TV if they find out about the jailbreaking. However, jailbreaking can be reversed, and you can avail of the warranty.
3 Perfect Apple TV VPN
Using a VPN is not an easy task on Apple TV devices, but there are some options to access a VPN service from your Apple TV, such as:
- Smart DNS: One of the easiest and simplest ways is to use Smart DNS, which is not like a regular VPN service, but it provides you access to stream and watch content meant for other countries or regions.
- Virtual Router: This requires a laptop. You need to connect your laptop with a VPN and then use your laptop as a virtual router for your Apple TV device.
- VPN Router: A VPN router is best for long time usage. This way, it can’t be used on all the routers, so always research before.
How to Jailbreak Apple TV 4K, 4, 3, 2, 1? ( 8 Easy Steps)
Blackb0x is a tool or software to jailbreak the Apple TV.
The step-by-step guide for jailbreaking Apple TV with Blackb0x is as follows:
- The first step to jailbreak an Apple TV is to download the tool for jailbreaking. Download Blackb0x on your computer.
- Click on the “Releases” tab.
- Download the latest version of Blackb0x from the releases tab.
- Ignore any warning screen stating that the downloading file is not safe. Keep downloading the blackb0x Apple TV jailbreak tool.
- Connect a computer containing a jailbreak tool with your Apple TV via a micro USB cable.
- Once connected, click on “Install Jailbreak.”
- Put your device into DFU mode and follow the instructions to complete the process.
- Now, wait until the process is complete. It may take some time. Download Kodi or NitoTV after the jailbreak is complete.
How to Reset your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV?
If you want to reverse the jailbreak, you can reset your Apple TV to its original factory settings anytime. You need to plug your Apple TV into power until the reset process completes. Go to “Settings” on your Apple TV, then go to “System,” and finally navigate to “Reset”.
There are two options available in Reset.
- Reset: This option does not require an internet connection and is a quick way to bring your Apple TV to the factory settings.
- Reset and Update: This option requires an internet connection. It will not only bring your Apple TV to its factory settings but also update all the software of the device.
How to Reset or Restore your Apple TV (3rd generation) or Earlier?
If you are using Apple TV 3rd generation or earlier, you can still reverse the jailbreak. Users need to plug their Apple TV into power until the procedure of Reset is complete.
Firstly, go to “Settings” on your Apple TV. Secondly, click on “General” from the menu and navigate to the “Reset” option.
There will be two options available, and you can opt for what you prefer:
- Reset All Settings: This option can be used without an internet connection. It will reset all the settings, including accounts, and will make the settings of your phone like the day you bought the phone.
- Restore: To choose this option, you need a good internet connection. It will restore the factory settings and also update the software along with it.
FAQs – How to Jailbreak Apple TV 4K, 4, 3, 2, 1
Some of the frequently asked questions (FAQs) about how to Jailbreak Apple TV 4K, 4, 3, 2, 1 are as follows:
Q1: What does Jailbreaking an Apple TV do?
Ans: Jailbreaking an Apple TV provides access to many unauthorized third-party apps and settings that aren’t available on the official Apple store.
Q2: Can Apple detect jailbreak?
Ans: Apple can detect jailbreak in some cases, but it can be avoided if you reset your Apple TV to its factory settings.
Q3: Can the Apple TV jailbreak be reversed?
Ans: Yes, the most satisfying thing about this process is that the Apple TV jailbreak can be reversed by restoring your device’s factory settings.
Q4: What are some of the tools to jailbreak your Apple TV?
Ans: Apple TV can be jailbroken by tools such as Blackb0x, Cydia Impactor, and jailbreak files of Chimera TV and Liber TV.
Q5: Is jailbreaking an Apple TV legal?
Ans: Jailbreaking an Apple TV is not legal because it is against the policies of Apple Inc. It violates the end-user license and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Q6: When was 1st generation Apple TV was launched?
Ans: 1st Generation Apple TV was launched on 9th January 2007.
Jailbreaking an Apple TV can be done through different tools like Blackbox. It helps users to access apps and settings from unauthorized sources that are not available on the official App Store of Apple.
Jailbreaking has a lot of benefits, but it also comes with some risks. It can cause permanent damage to your device or may nullify the warranty of your device if the jailbreaking is detected. This article provided a complete step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak an Apple TV 4K, 4, 3, 2, 1 and the benefits and risks relating to the jailbreaking of Apple TV.