Virtual Assistance is the new Artificial Intelligence technology offering services to its users through voice commands or simply sharing a text conversation with the virtual assistant to make life a bit easier and more convenient. Just like Apple’s Siri, Amazon’s Alexa, and Google Assistant, Samsung’s virtual Assistant is Bixby. This feature was first released in Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+.
How Samsung Virtual Assistant Works?
Just like other Virtual Assistants, Samsung’s Bixby can interact through voice, tap, or text. As it is system integrated, it performs most of the tasks that we mostly perform on our smartphones. But what makes this Virtual Assistant exclusive and different from the rest of the similar genre assistants is that it can access services, particularly through Samsung smartphones.
It can buy products and sense other SmartThings in the surrounding which are connected to the system. Being a highly sensitive Virtual Assistant, it offers smart suggestions before you even finish writing the search terms. It also can pursue regular requests and routine tasks and automatically operate the regular tasks the smartphone performs like Alarm Clocks, Meetings, work timings, schedules, etc.
How to Turn on Bixby, the Virtual Assistant?
Based on the device you are using, Bixby activation can differ. If the device has an exclusive button for Bixby activation, it can be found on the left side of your smart device. Below the volume keys, the Bixby switch key can be found. Pressing and holding it for a moment can activate the Virtual Assistant. The following steps can be followed to activate Bixby:
- Press and hold the side switch button or the Bixby key button (if it is available)
- Tap the icon appearing on the screen
- A pop-up window will appear asking for a login to your Samsung account
- If you are not logged in to your account already, Log-in first
- Go through the Terms and Conditions for the service carefully
- Confirm your acceptance by checking the checkbox at the end of the page
- Click “Continue”
- Tap the next icon appearing on the screen
- Samsung operational software will automatically give you a guided tour of this Virtual Assistant, its skills, and how to get them to work efficiently
Setting up Bixby Voice on Samsung
To make a basic setup for using Bixby Voice Assistance, the following steps can be followed:
- Follow the above-given guideline to get Bixby to start up on your device
- Login to your Samsung Account and check the Term and Conditions of the service
- Follow the virtual guide tutorial for how to use this service
- If you want to switch Bixby’s language for Voice Assistance, find “English (United States)” in the upper right corner of the page
- Press “English (United States)”, which will open other language options in a window
- Choose the language most suitable for your use
- Click the button “Start”, when you want to start receiving Voice Assistance
- After going through the Term and Conditions, tap “OK”
- This will show your acceptance, and Bixby’s voice assistance will be ready to use
- Now, if you want to communicate with Bixby, simply press and hold the side button
- You can also change the configuration key as per your choice
The following are the most frequently asked questions about Samsung Virtual Assistance:
Q1: How can I wake up Bixby?
Ans: If you want assistance, waking up Bixby is very easy. You can either simply use the Voice recognition feature and say “Hi-Bixby” or if you have not activated the voice feature, you can have a typed conversation as well.
Q2: How is Bixby different from Google, Alexa, or Siri?
Ans: Intelligent service exchange makes Bixby exclusive from the rest of similar AI Assistants. It can make service exchange, pay bills, and buy products along with other functions.
Q3: Can Bixby recognize other SmartThings connected to the device?
Ans: Bixby is a very sensitive Virtual Assistant which can interact and detect nearby connected devices. On top of that, it can make smart suggestions and has the ability to predict your search items as well.
Samsung Virtual Assistance is a new and reliable addition to this era of Artificial Intelligence. Making tasks less tedious and taking care of things without putting in the extra effort. Samsung Virtual Assistance can help its user from setting the alarm to buying a high-end product.