Google Memory Games for Kids & Adults
Google Memory Games are the best thing to happen to kids or adults. You don’t have to download any app on your gadget for this. You can immediately start Google Memory Games via your browser or play store.
Moreover, these games are pretty famous among kids and adults, boosting a child’s cognitive skills, concentration and attention span. These games will sharpen your mental focus and may enhance your memory retention.
In this article, you will get a collection of the best Google Memory Games for kids and adults. While some games are just like typical tests that may challenge you to recognize specific objects, others have a different style that may need more practice.
Google Memory Games for Kids & Adults
Here is a list of Google Memory Games for Kids & Adults:
Sea Creatures Musical Memory Game
Sea Creatures Musical Memory Game is one of the best games with cute little creatures depicted in four colours, comprising green (Turtle), blue (Jellyfish), red (Octopus) and yellow (Pufferfish). You can play this game on your browser page as well. Here are the steps about how to play this game:
- Firstly, the game will highlight a circle, and there will be an audio/musical cue
- Click on the circle that was just highlighted by the game
- Now, wait for the game to highlight two circles in order. Reconstruct that order by clicking on the right creatures
- The game will keep adding to the classification. Your task is to recreate that whole sequence right from the start
- When you recreate the sequence correctly, your streak increases, and so will increase your high score. You can check the count at the top left of the window
- For instance: If the game highlights Pufferfish, Pufferfish, Octopus, Octopus, or Jellyfish – you should also click on them in the same order
Santa Tracker Picture Match Game
Santa Tracker Picture Match Game is one of the most popular picture-matching games that train your brain well. The graphics depicted in this game is so colourful that kids will love it. Here are the steps about how to play this game:
- Click on one green door, and an image will show up when the door opens
- Remember the door location of the image and click on another door
- If it doesn’t match the previous door, both doors will close. Now, remember the image behind both the doors which just closed
- Click on another door to see if it matches any previously opened doors. If yes, click on that door, and you will have a match
- You are one step closer to solving the entire puzzle whenever you match. Keep doing this until all the green doors are opened
Concentrations is a simple card game, a superb memory game for kids. This game could be easily set up and more smooth to play. Here are the steps about how to play this game:
- Grab a pack of cards and spread as many cards as you like face-down on a table
- On your go, flip two cards face up. If they match in value, you score a point and keep the cards turned around. If they’re of different values, return them to their face-down position
- The challenge comes from remembering the cards’ positions, so you can match them on your future turns
- You can also play Concentration with others, solo or entirely online
Picture Bingo is an interesting game that kids and adults would love to play. You must remember the images on your board, so you must be ready to shout ‘bingo’ once one of them is drawn. Here are the steps about how to play this game:
- Grab some paper, pick up some pens, and create images on small cards to draw from
- If you don’t have any stationary lying around, don’t worry, many digital tools out there let you create your picture bingo cards on the fly or play online
Jigsaw puzzles is an amazing game that is recommended for exercising short-term memory. Different types of puzzles come in different shapes and themes. You have to draw them sequentially to make your Jigsaw Puzzle more interesting.
Sudoku is a classic number-based logic game that challenges you to fill a grid with different numbers. Sudoku is a little hard because you must arrange numbers that may come with memory and logic.
The game needs more practice while recalling which numbers are still to be written down and at what place. Here are the steps about how to play this game:
- Split into nine boxes
- You’ll have to arrange the numbers so that all the digits from one to nine are contained in each box
- Fill each row, and sit in every column
- Each Sudoku puzzle comes partially completed, and there’s usually only a single solution every time
Crosswords is a blend of puzzles with a grid of white squares. Those grids must be filled with correct words by solving clues. Those clues may come in various forms, including anagrams, homophones, hidden words, reversals, etc.
Moreover, this game has different levels ranging from easy to hard ones. These puzzles will surely improve your cognitive skills by recalling inactive pieces of information in your brain.
Luminosity is a game designed to test and increase your mental awareness. You can get this game via your browser or play store.
Board games are tabletop games that are good for your memory muscles. You can get this game via your browser or play store.
Following are the Google Memory Games for kids exclusively:
Once Upon a Time Story Bag
The Once Upon a Time Story Bag will let your child’s memory and imagination run smoothly. The best part is it’s so simple to put together. Here are the steps about how to play this game:
- Use a small bag you have at hand and ask your child to fill it with random objects that mean something to them (such as a shell, a piece of ribbon, or a favourite small toy)
- Let your child pull out a random object and tell you a story that surrounds that particular object
- Sometimes they will even use the objects to string together an entire story
- For added fun, you can remove some objects and see if they realize a part of their story is missing
Boggle Your Brain
Boggle is a memory-boosting word game that children and adults worldwide would love. This game encourages critical and creative thinking by improving your child’s vocabulary.
Furthermore, players must combine words in sequences of adjacent letters that teach kids to spell and memorize new words. Usually, one game lasts around 20 minutes, and in this time, your children must be able to determine around twenty to forty words.
You can get the Boggle Junior game for younger kids, presenting the little ones with word and letter recognition, spelling, matching, and memory.
Squirrel memory game is an interesting game where the players take turns drawing from playing deck of cards. The players must recognize the sequence of the pictures or numbers they make in order.
Likewise, the game stays until a player draws a squirrel card (distraction card) and yells, “squirrel.” The player must then make a random statement (the distraction), i.e. “I had eggs for breakfast”, before repeating the sequence of numbers or pictures in the correct order.
Prepare for giggles and frustration as the game continues. Also, you can use a regular deck of playing cards and highlight the “squirrel” card.
Broken Telephone is an amazing treat for increasing memory and listening skills. You need to pay attention and listen carefully to recognize things easily. However, if you do not listen properly, you might be distracted, and your memories will be fragmented. Here are the steps about how to play this game:
- You should have at least three players to keep the game interesting
- Player 1 must think of a phrase, tongue twister, or challenging word, such as “I like eating chocolate chip ice cream on a hot day with my shoes off,” and whisper it into the next player’s ear
- Player 2 (or the listener) must repeat the same phrase, word for word, to the next player. The message must be passed down the line until it reaches the last person
- The last player must say the entire phrase out loud. If the player gets it wrong, the message is “broken,” The original player must say the correct phrase
- Repeat the game with a different player starting first and a different word or phrase
General knowledge questions are an outstanding way to test and encourage your kid’s brain and memory. Here are the steps about how to play this game:
- Write down the alphabet letters on a piece of paper in different areas. Make sure to fill up the whole page and circle each letter
- Every kid gets a sheet of plain paper where they draw columns and rows. Each column has a heading, for example, type of fruit, country or place, game, kind of animal, and song name. You can add as many as you like
- Player one waves a pen over the sheet of paper with the alphabet. Keeping their eyes closed, they put the pen down and see what letter they land on
- Based on the chosen letter, the players have 2 minutes to complete each heading. For instance, if the letter “E” was chosen, the players need to fill in their sheets, and it could look something like elderberry, England, Earth defence force, elephant, and “Every Breath You Take”
Rummikub and Rummikub Junior
Rummikub is a complete classic and a hit with family and friends. This tile-based game is centred on the top elements from the popular games Mahjong (or Mahjongg), chess, rummy, and dominoes.
Moreover, this game may strengthen their sequencing memory and math skills. The main idea of this game is to put together sets of three tiles, which have the same figure in different colours or sets of three sequential numbers in the same colour. So, the first player to place their tiles on the table wins the game.
Likewise, Rummikub Junior is another whole game for younger children. It is a simpler version, having kid-friendly symbols, animals and numbers on them. This game improves your kid’s cognitive skills, thus enhancing their memory skills and logical reasoning.
Memo Game App
Memo Game App is among the best games to keep your toddler busy; thus, you can carry it around in your mini pocket. This game comprises various boards with themes, i.e. food, animals and vehicles.
Moreover, it is a contemporary and interactive version of the typical memory game that keeps your children boosts their visual memory skills. An amazing feature comes with voice recording, which lets parents add audio and names to different visuals. Thus, your kid can listen to over 100 words in your voice and accent.
Slapjack is a game guaranteed to elevate your kid’s cognition and activate their memory. It is a fast-paced, hand-eye-coordination memory game, so a kid must pay close attention to the cards. Close attention is mandatory, so they don’t miss the ‘jack’ card. Here are the steps about how to play this game:
- Split the deck of cards equally with each player and ensure they don’t look at the cards in their hands
- Each player takes a turn flipping the cards face-up onto the pile
- If the Jack card appears, they need to slap it while shouting out “Jack”
- The first player to do this wins
Where to Play Google Memory Game?
You can play Google Memory Game online as it is available in the Google Search Engine. All you need to do is to type “Google Memory Game” in the search bar. Once it does, the game will appear as a top result.
You can also download Chrome Extension Store in order to play this game. It is available with different themes and variations.
Advantages of Google Memory Game
The followings are the benefits of Google Memory Game:
It will improve your brain skills and IQ.
Google Memory Game is a logical game that helps you to improve your memory and concentration.
- It helps you to improve your thinking skills.
- It will help you to learn new words and facts.
- It helps to reduce worries and stresses as it boosts your mood.
How to Play Google Memory Game?
Follow the below steps to know how to play Google Memory Game: A How-to Guide
Step 1: Firstly, when you open the game, it will play the rhythm by playing the characters’ sounds.
Step 2: Now, the computer will play the sound of one character.
Step 3: Click on that character to make the sound.
Step 4: The computer will again play the sound for the 2nd character.
Step 5: Here, click on the first character and then on the 2nd character to make a rhythm.
Step 6: If the computer plays the sound of the 3rd character in order, then make sure to click on all these characters to create that sound.
Step 7: In case the computer did not play the 3rd sound in that given order, you will have only to play the sound of these two characters.
Step 8: Now, the game will play all the sounds of all characters in order, and you have to play that sound in that given order.
Step 9: Each time you complete that rhythm, you will get one score. In case you fail to create that sound, the game will begin from there. In the same way, if you fail to complete the second time, the game will be over, and you will have to play the game from the start.
Step 10: Lastly, to play this game well, always try to remember in which order the computer creates/make the sound and follow that order without forgetting.
How to Play Google Memory Game With Drive?
In order to play this game, all you need to do is to open the pictures from Google drive for use as card pictures. Moreover, select images and files from google drive at least maximum 15 files.
Additionally, the game supports easy, medium, complex, and tough levels.
The following are the steps to how to play Google Memory Game:
Step 1: Open the Google Memory Game to start the game.
Step 2: Start the new game by clicking the top-right gear button.
Step 3: Tap on any two image cards.
Step 4: Now, if the cards match each other, keep them and turn them back over.
Step 5: Remember what was there on each card and where it was.
Step 6: The game will be over when all the cards have been matched.
Step 7: Now, display your score.
Note: Score = (Attempt Count) – (Mistake Count) / (Attempt Count) * 100
How to Win Google Memory Game?
If you are eager to know how to play and win this game, then all you need to do is find all the pairs as quickly as possible. It is important to mention that there is a timer in the game, so take care of the time because the more quickly you complete the game, the more your score will be in the game.
In addition, there is a score chart on the right side of the screen
Tips for Playing Google Memory Game
If you are interested in playing Google Memory Game, then make sure to follow the following tips:
Always try to remember the images and where you have seen each of the images before. This way, it will help you to find the matching pairs quickly.
Make sure to look after the pictures that are similar to each other, as it will help to find the images very soon.
While playing, if you can’t find the image, go for the next one. Do not spend so much time on just one square.
Always look after the timer because the faster you complete, the better your score will be.
Children and adults are so distracted that their memory and cognitive skills deteriorate badly. Cell phones are slowly damaging the brain muscles that need to be exercised. The parents need to connect with their kids and help them grow. So, the games, as mentioned above, will enhance your kid’s brain function while creating fun memories together.