Twitch is a unique website allowing individuals to do live streaming services for gaming, entertainment, sports, and music content. The streaming service is quite popular as it has above 2.12 Million around the globe. With growing popularity, the use of explicit language has become a minor game issue. To overcome this problem, Twitch’s owner has decided to ban some of the words or phrases that can trigger complaints among the service users.
According to Twitch’s Terms of Service, An individual using those words or phrases would have to face permit bans or limited-time suspensions from the platform. Over time the platform has developed and compiled a list of terms, comments, or sentients that are considered restricted according to the platform’s policies.
This list has words that might be considered harassment, threats, or disparagements that can induce a complicated situation or might harm another individual’s sentiment in any other manner. The offenders with one or two-time records will be forced to face a minor timespan ban that would start from one day and can end up to a week.
However, a person involved in critical offenses like hate speech, violent threats, or sexual harassment would have more intense consequences like permanent or long-term suspension of the individual channel. In the past, even the most popular streamers have faced suspensions and bans due to their use of rhetorical or generally banned comments from the list of Twitch.
The kinds of speech not allowed on Twitch
Twitch platform is very strict about spoken hatred as it has developed a precise constitution named “hateful conduct.” The streamer could get more constate by visiting Twitch’s official page, which can provide extensive information about past offensive speech.
Below we have mentioned all the categories that fall under the prohibited section of speech and comments:
- Usage of Words that could portray a scenario of Incitements, threats, or advocations of physical harm or death against any individual or group. Any comment or phrase among these scenarios would be could as a threat based on protected characteristics
- Any comment with hatred or disagreement motive against an individual or group’s race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
- Any expression of speech that would be contempt or hatred toward groups of people
- Any expression of speech that would create a scenario of sexual harassment of any individual
- Also, targeting any dox or otherwise surrender personnel is contemplated
- Disclosing personal information about any individual is also prohibited
Specific words not allowed on Twitch
Twitch has made a stringent policy has the offender that lies under multiple categories of speech. Even the famous words used as pop-culture references for racial, homophobic, or sexist slurs are banned from the platform. Below we have mentioned the list of prohibited comments, and usage of these words will result in a minor degree of punishment or ban.
Speech is a potent tool as it is used to make the conflicted and hateful situation inspiring and motivating individuals. In this blog, we updated our readers with the list of banned words on Twitch.