Are you looking for the seedbed curses to crack the Dung Eater’s quest line? Well, you are on the right platform. As funny as it sounds, Dung Eater is actually a Horrifying Non-Player Character (NPC). The creature is cursed with petrifying undeath which he sees as a blessing that he would like to share with the universe by somehow integrating into the Elden Ring. To activate the Blessing of Despair, the Elden Ring Dung Eater quest line requires you to locate five out of the total six Seedbed Curses scattered around the Lands Between and give them to him.
All of these seedbeds are hidden quite well, so if you are willing to play this optional hunt, so follow the instructions to blight the world with Dung Eater. Whilst going through the journey, you will have two altering options to end the quest early; however, with them, you won’t be able to secure the ending of despair if you wish to do so. The maps in this quest will help in figuring out the locations of the subject.
Location of Seedbed Curse:
Now there are six seedbed curses that you need to locate by exploring Elden Ring. One of the options may be knocked out later. The routes are given as follows;
- Hop in the first elevator down from the site of Grace in Leyndell East Capital Rampart. After doing so, climb up the ladder on the right. The seedbed will be found in the corpse positioned over the chair
- There is an illusion of the roundtable similar to the real one on the west of Leyndell. There is a copse in this room as well. The Dung Eater is also normally found here
- The stairs located near the end of the portal of Rykard’s arena are the key to the next seedbed curse. The staircase is followed by a door that requires Elden Ring Stoneword key to pass through it. Inside is a giant room, where you have to jump on cages hung on top to reach the foot. You need to fight the enemies there to reach the corpse having the seedbed curse
- In Haligtree, the prayer room site of grace will lead you down to a room with two Cleanrot Knights. Instead of going through it, take a leap from the railing beside you. It will take you to the room with a corpse directly behind you in a chair. Seedbed curse will be found from him
- Go back to the prayer room. From there, follow the main route until you come across two cross bowmen looking down. After locating them, jump across the area with Scarab and run down the northwest balcony along the columns. Go in there and take out the seedbed curse from the copse lying on the chair
- In case you have also been going along Blackguard Big Boggart’s hunt, you will receive a seedbed curse from him. However, if you have reached step 5 given below in this questline, you won’t be able to take this from him as he dies at that point
Meeting Dung Eater at the Roundtable Hold:
Reaching the Atlus Plateau in the northern region around the ERD Tree will drive Dung Eater out. It is because a player can only have access to this part by comprehending the use of the Grand Lift of Dectus in Elden Ring. The Dung Eater will appear shortly after that in a freshly unbolted room next to Sir Gideon and twin maiden Huskies. He may resemble an invading spirit but will not indulge in combat as it in roundtable hold is forbidden. You may have a conversation with him.
Brining Seedbed Curses to Dung Eater:
The Dung Eater will ask you to bring him seedbed curses afterward. These seedbeds can be found on the dead bodies he murdered and disfigured. Pick one seedbed out of six and give it to him. You may get them from the first or second location as it is easier to get them. Once you give him the seedbed, he will narrate to you how this body is not his real form. And the real body is locked in a subsurface cell in Leyndell. You will be given a Sewer-Gaol Key to escape him out.
Use Sewer-Gaol Key For Escape Of Dung Eater:
It is difficult to locate the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds; from Leyndell, proceed to the Avenue Balcony Site of Grace, descend the stairway, and then leap across the railings on the right into a section of a destroyed town. To go to the Shunning-Grounds, descend the ladder-equipped hole. Be aware that you should finish Boggart’s task right away if you haven’t already! The Dung Eater will decapitate Boggart right away when you release him.
Move forward after you arrive at the Underground Roadside Site of Grace, then leave that room and turn left. A crevice in the ground in which you may fall into a sewer is located beyond the ogres. Take the left path, follow it around through some enormous plants, ascend a ladder, and repel the huge approaching hands. The Sewer-Gaol Key will open the Dung Eater’s cell, with the Dung Eater across. Speak with him and instruct him to depart so that you can pursue the mission.
Kill The Dung Eater- Alternative Option:
Dung Eater is a furious Non-player Character having good health and efficient sword skills that can crack your head open. So, attacking him in the cell will turn the situation into combat. However, if you are sure about your decision to tackle him, play cautiously. If you gain victory in this session, you will be rewarded by his armor set and the sword of Milos, a bone GreatSword that will give you FPs every time you assassinate someone. Although killing that creature will give you a less cursed ending.
Note: Skip this step if you want to continue with the trial.
Combat in the Outer Moat:
After fleeing him away, go back to the roundtable hole where a paper awaits you in the library. It’s an invitation that states, “I’ll defeat you; come to the Outer Moat.” In the north of Leyndell, travel down the water body just next to Blackguard Big Boggart. The Dung Eater will invade you there; killing him here won’t make him dead as he is a red spirit and not in his physical body.
Meeting Dung Eater at Roundtable Hold:
After the row at the outer moat, you will go back to the roundtable hold where Dung Eater will be waiting for you at his habitual spot. Now he has renewed his plans to defile himself rather than tarnishing you apart. He will assign you to fetch more seeds for him.
Give Seluvis’ Potion to Dung Eater- an Alternative Path:
By following a few steps, you can convert Dung Eater into a captive NPC that can be summoned the same way you do with the ashes. The procedure to convert him into a puppet is given as follows;
- Keeping up with the Elden Ring Ranni’s quest for a secret ending will give you a chance to have a conversation with the Ranni in her rise. Her three minions will be accompanying her, including Seluvis
- To the south of Ranni’s rise, Seluvis’s tower is located; there, he will give you Seluvis’ potion
- Administer that potion in Dung Eater at the subterranean cell while interacting with him
- The northern part of Ranni’s rise has a floor that creates a delusion of vanishing when attacked. Follow the path down the staircase and read the message aloud about not touching
- Go back to Seluvis and address him. He will agree to the deal of paying five Starlight Shards in exchange for transforming Dung Eater into a puppet
Fetching Seedbed Curse (Continuity From Step 6):
You already have given him 1 seedbed curse in the beginning. In this step, you need to find him the rest of the 4 seedbed curses and fetch them to him. Remember to feed him the seedbed in the dungeon and not the roundtable hold. Pour these curses in until he is gratified.
Meding Rune of Fell Curse:
When you are done feeding him the 5th seedbed curse, he will reward you with the Mending Rune of Fell Curse. It is the key for you to secure the ending of despair that you wished for by completing the quest line of ferocious Dung Eater. If you load the area again and pay a visit, you will find the armor- exceptionally resisting Omen set. You can pick it up from there as a surplus benefit.
Blessing of Dispair:
In order to attain the blessing of despair as you end, keep this Mending Rune of Fell Curse along with you till the end of Elden Ring while competing with other tarnishes, NPCs and Bosses. Once the final Boss is defeated, you can use the rune to have your destined ending.
Rewards from Quest:
Following this quest line will provide the player with a variety of rewards; many of them can be secured by killing him halfway and completing the quest early. The only prize that remains there, no matter which option you opt for in the hunt, is the Omen Armor. The armor may not be as cladded as compared to others and may look a bit ugly. But it also is quite strong, tensile, and durable.