Ainsel River is one of the most interesting locations of Elden Ring, rich with many items to retrieve. It is a cave system with many routes to go into and find the items. Ainsel River can be reached in three different directions. It can be called from the northern gateway from the top of Renna’s Rise. It can be accessed through the southern side by taking the lift down at Ainsel River Well.
It can also be reached after defeating Gargoyles at a Siofra Aqueduct and taking a coffin from the Nameless Eternal City Grace cite. This location of Elden Ring has three sub-locations that need to be visited Ainsel River Main, Uhl Palace Ruins, and Nokstella, Eternal City. This site has no NPCs and one merchant to meet. Following is the Ainsel River Map.
Ainsel River Guide:
Following are the steps to go through different caves and items to retrieve in this river:
- In east Liurnia, north to the Eastern Tableland Site of Grace, reach the building being guarded by a Golem, which can be skipped, and head to the elevator which will take you to the Ainsel River
- After reaching down at the Site of Grace, there will be a group of Giant Ants hanging down to a wall. You can ignore them at the moment and head right where you will find Golden Rune . Move straight from there, and at the end of the waterfall, find a corpse; looting its remains will give Magic Grease x3
- Reach back to the cave of clinging ants and lure them one by one to pick them off. After entering the cave, loot another corpse lying there, giving Grace Mimic x8. After heading forward, beware as there is another Ant on the right side behind the wall to attack and another as you move ahead. Get rid of the ant and head left, where two more ants will appear. After killing them, there will be Smithing Stone  x1
- Head back to the main path; two more ants will be waiting, clinging down from above. After killing them, on the left side, you will find Silver Firefly x2 and a corpse with a Golden Rune . An ant guarding a corpse will be found on the left hand, which will give off Smithing Stone  after killing the ant and looting the corpse
- Keep following the same path after jumping up and killing the Queen Ant, which will give off the reward of Rune Arc  x1. After that, you will have to face seven ants further, kill them, and head back to where Silverfly was found. There is another path on the left; follow the way until the end, where you will witness a Ghost Glovewort  with a corpse just behind it holding an SShattershard Arrow (fletched) x10. Head to the left corner and take Smithing Stone  off of a corpse
- After that, move upstairs straight and activate the Site of Grace. After that, turn back and find a room just beside the Site of Grace. Step in the elevator which will take you down, and at the bottom, you will discover Uhl Palace Ruins
- Move to the right, hold the wall and keep moving until you find a corpse having Golden Rune . There will be a group of Clayman. Move up, and find another corpse on the left side to get Golden Rune . Hold the left wall to get Smithing Stone . More Clayman will appear, get rid of them, and on the right hand, another corpse could be found having a Golden Rune 
- Behind that wall, there’s another Ghost Glovewort . Head back to where Queen Ant was found and keep following the route. After reaching the end, jump and find a corpse having Smithing Sine ; jump down again, and there will be another corpse with Celestial Dew. Jump down again and move towards the entrance
- More Clayman will appear in the hallway; after reaching the end, multiple items will be on the ground,d but Malformed Star will attack you, so take cover quickly. Here you will find Furcalling Finger Remedy, a Golden Rune , Throwing Dagger x6, and Magic Grease x2
- Turn right, get past Clayman and move upstairs to find Golden Rune . Stay alert from Malformed Star, ignore the Clayman, and keep moving until you reach a ruin under Malformed Star. In this ruin, move right by the pillar, take the Ainsel river Map from the corpse, and meet Hermit Merchant Ainsel River. He sells off Gravity Stone Fan, Prisoner Set, Lost Ashes of War, Gravity Stone Chunk, Celestial Dew, Perfumer’s Cookbook , and Nomadic Warrior’s Cookbook 
- Move back to the hallway and find a corpse with Shield Grease. Turn left at the end of the hallway leading into a tunnel on the left. At the end of this tunnel, reach up to the Malformed star through a broken pillar and find a corpse on the left with Smithing Stone  x3. Move ahead by jumping onto the platform and get Smithing Stone. Hold the wall and keep covering yourself from Malformed Star’s attacks
- Jump down from the edge of the right corner, jump again and get Smithing Stone  x3. Jump down, hold the right wall and reach the Site of Grace. Find Formic Rock, an immunizing Horn Charm, Smithing Stone  x3, and Crystal Dart x5 by avoiding giant ants. Find another Formic Rock on the right and two Basilisks on the left which can be taken down from the back by surprise. More Formic Rocks can be found on the right and another Basiliska corpse holding Soap x4. Aeonian Butterflies will be found at the end of the cliff, and Somber Smithing Stone  by a corpse
- Move back to where you found Giant Ants and turn left. Sneak up on three more Ants, move forward, and turn left of the first corner to find Melted Mushroom x3 by a corpse. Turn around and walk straight to find Ghost Glovewort . Head right after turning around again and find Dragonkin Soldier of Notskella at the end of this tunnel
- This boss fight will reward you with Frozen Lightning Spear Incantation with 12,000 Runes gain, with which Site of Grace will appear. Move inside the tower to get Great Ghost Glovewort
- Visit Ranni’s Chamber, head downstairs, and reach outside. Move northeast to get to Renna’s Rise. Find the ladder inside it to go upstairs and use the waygate to reach the Ainsel River Main quickly
Ainsel River Main Area:
- After arriving there, move straight and find a tomb with Miniature Ranni. Get to the site of grace, rest, and then make a dialogue with Miniature Ranni
- After that, move straight to Uhl Palace Ruins, where you will face Malformed Star again. Kill the Malformed Star and get Somber Smithing Stone . Also, get Golden Rune  by the corpse on the left side and a Smithing Stone  on the right. Go upstairs to Human Bone Shard, held by a corpse and guarded by a Clayman
- Move towards Giant Miranda Flower after that to find a corpse with Stonesword Key. Move towards the waterfall and pick Clayman Ashes on the right side of it
- Find the tunnel after turning back headed down to Two Formic Rock on the right side. In the middle of the tunnel, find a corpse on the left with Stimulating Boluses. Continue moving and see another corpse holding Golden Rune  x8 guarded by two Winged Ants. On the right, another corpse with Shield Grease x2 could be found being blocked by a Shield Ant
- Keep moving down, and at the end, find Starcaller. Few Formic Rocks could be found on the left side. Another Starcaller will be on your right, kill it and continue moving by holding the wall. Jump down, go ahead, and jump on the platform. Find a chest by the pillar to get Wing of Astel. Follow the backtrack and on the left, get Somber Smithing Stone  from the corpse. Head back to where you found Winged Ants, turn left, and move down the track. By entering the hallway, you have reached Nokstella, Eternal City
Nokstella, Eternal City:
- After jumping down twice, a site of grace will be visible. By heading left, Magic Grease x3 can be found. Moving to your right and by the wall across the water stream, you will face Nox Swordstress on a Giant Ant. Keep moving ahead to face two more Nox Swordstress alongside a corpse with Smithing Stone  and another corpse with Drawstring Holy Grease x2
- Head to the cliff edge and move on the right side until you find a corpse with Silver Tear Husk x3. Now turn around, hold the wall on the right and move ahead. After turning right, you will encounter Serpent Snails around a corpse with Celestial Dew
- Move to the Southeast, go upstairs, and enter the room by turning left to find a chest with Ant’s Skull Plate guarded by Nox Swordstress. Outside and upstairs, find a corpse with Fan Daggers and Night Maiden as a guard. Keep moving up and find Silver Tears
- After reaching the top, go left around the wall and find a corpse at the end of the path with Archer’s Ashes. Going back into the building, enter the room with a chest containing Ghost-Glovewort Picker’s Bell Bearing  guarded by Silver Tears
- Find another corpse outside by following the path with Golden Rune  on the right side. Then enter the room on the left to take Somber Smithing Stone  from a corpse
- Move upstairs after coming outside, turn left, and enter the mist using Stonesword Key. After getting in, find a chest containing Nightmaiden and Swordstress Puppets guarded by two Nox Monks
- After coming outside, use the statue on the bridge to get cover from a rolling Silver Sphere. Find Golden Rune  by a corpse on that bridge. Enter the building after crossing the bridge on the right and get Great Ghost Glovewort from the chest, and then kill another rolling sphere entering the room
- Head outside, go upstairs by turning right, and find a corpse with Golden Rune  on the left staircase handrail. After getting to the top, go right and turn left to find Smithing Stone  from a corpse by the door. Head outside and enter the room with an open door and a chest with Somber Smithing Stone . At the right exit, find the bridge at the end of it to get Somber Smithing Stone . After killing Teardrop Scarab
- Continue upstairs, and in the room face, two Silver Tears transformed into humans. You can find Moon of Nokstella at the end of the room, in a chest
- Move down by exiting the room and taking the elevator to the bottom. Find Golden Seed from the illusory tree. Head north and move to the edge to get Stonesword Key from a corpse. You have now collected all the items
Following are some frequently asked questions about Elden Ring Ainsel River:
Q1: Which boss will I face in Ainsel River?
Ans: Dragonkin Soldier of Notskella is the boss fighting for the Ainsel River quest.
Q2: Where to find the merchant in Ainsel River?
Ans: He can be found at the end of the Southwestern stone ruin of Ainsel River.
Q3: How many routes are there to get to the Ainsel River?
Ans: There are three routes to get there: the southern side, the northern gateway from the top of Renna’s Rise, and the coffin of Nameless Eternal City Grace Site.
Ainsel River is a location of Elden Ring with many rewards but has many caves and routes to get to those rewards. With many access points, this questline has only one boss fight but many creatures requiring different incantations and weapons to kill.
This blog presented a complete guide on the Ainsel River in Elden Ring. Visit our website Qnnit to read more informative blogs such as GPO Private Server Codes and Chapter Redemption Codes.