Welcome to the reals of shadows, where every inch of the terrain is waiting for your swift kill. Before the enemy tries to inflict any damage, he will feel a swift pain in his chest, and before the comprehends what happened to him the shadowy blade would disappear in an instant. The strike was swift, neat, and clean. The enemy falls onto your feet in seconds of the Shadow Blade attack. That’s what happens when you use your weapon the “Shadow Blade” with skillful hands.
Dragon & Dungeon also known as D&D possess a range of incredible weapons and spells for the players to enjoy. And Shadow Blade 5e is one of the most sought-after magical blades. If you master the blade then your magic goes haywire while becoming undefeatable. The blade possesses amazing damaging effects on the enemies with just one swing.
Shadow blade is a cool spell packing a powerful punch on specific characters. It’s a spell that is made out of a solidified shadow hence developing an illusion and known also by the name of “illusion magic”. The spell weaves together threads of shadow to develop a glooming sword in your hand.
The sword remains operational as long as the magic lasts. You may also consider it as a Melee weapon, which is indeed a proficient weapon against strong adversaries. The damage will be like a 2d8 psychic type of injury along with a big hit. The blade also works well on targets hiding in the dark. Higher-level players will be entitled to higher damage from 3d8 to 5d8.
Shadow Blade 5e Spell
As per the Player Handbook (PHB), shadow blade is an illusional spell allowed from 2nd level. The spell casting is one bonus action and the range is self with a duration of up to 1 minute. The components are indeed Somatic and Verbal.
The shadow blade 5e is a spell that creates a shadowy sword in your hand while equipping you with a great deal of potential damage in your bare hands. It is indeed the most easily available melee weapon. It generates deep inflicting damage on your enemies. The damage intensifies once carried out with a greater level magic slot. The 7th-level spell slot creates 5d8 damage.
If you drop the weapon or somehow throw it away from your character then it disappears at the end of your turn. But the good part is that the spell persists for its duration. You can also use the bonus action to make the powerful sword reappear in your skillful hands.
You may intensify the damages, such as follows:
- 3rd to 4th level spell slot adds 1d8
- 5th to 6th level spell slot adds 2d8
- 7th and higher levels spell slot adds 3d8
Who Can Cast Shadow Blade in 5E?
Severa; have showdown blade on the spell slots, such as follows:
It is significant to mention that Shadow Blade will cost you on sub-class levels. Arcane Trickster Rogues and Illusion Wizards are granted this spell on the 7th level. Additionally, the Eldritch Knight Fighters may also possess the weapon on level 8.
Who can get the Shadow Blade 5e?
A range of characters is allowed this powerful magical sword, including:
The good part is that the Brads could pick it up as their Magical Secrets. The Eldritch Knight Fighters and Arcane Trickster Rogues could also pick it from their precious Wizard Spell list.
Rules for Shadow Blade 5e
There are several rules and principles for the Shadow Blade in DnD 5th Edition, mentioned as follows:
- Usable with melee weapons at a minimum monetary value
- Add your strength or Dexterity modifier to the damage of the shadow blade
- The shadow blade spell creates a powerful sword in your hand
- Ability modifier may vary with the damage on different levels
- Please note that the Warlocks may not be able to make this perfect shadow blade their pact weapon
How to use Shadow Blade in DnD 5th Edition?
There are a few ways to use the Shadow Blade 5e, such as follows:
- Pair with Sneak Attack: There is a solid reason, why Arcane Tricksters enjoy choosing the shadow blade as their choice weapon the automatic benefit from dark ambiance makes sneaking up to the enemy much more effective
- Sneak up to creatures that are especially resistant to non-magical weapon attacks and then inflict heavy damage using the shadow blade. Plus psychic damage adds up to the effectiveness of the effects
- If you are moving in a dungeon and crawling in a dark mission then you might cover more area with the activation of the shadow blade
- The usage of extra attack ability may add up to the effectiveness of the shadow
- The multi-class combination works really well with the shadow blade
You may choose some extra attack tactics for enhancing the damage on an enemy, such as:
- Eldritch Knight Fighter
- Arcane Trickster Rogue
Is Shadow Blade Fifth Edition a Good Spell for Players?
Yesssss, there is not a single doubt that the illusion spell is highly potent against certain powerful characters. You may add the benefit of darkness and dim light effects to intensify the attack with the shadow blade. The Finesses and Thrown properties are an added bonus to the attributes of the shadow sword.
With that said, the 5e Shadow Blade is indeed a weapon of choice. The higher the level the better the effects. But, it might not very effective on the full-caster with affected ACs and little reason to acquire it in the melee range of adversaries. So, it’s up to the players how and when they use it in which situation.
What Does Shadow Blade in 5e?
You can easily use the Shadow Blade in the 5th edition of DnD. Once you get proficient with it then all you need is a potent target and you may achieve wonders. We advise using Strength or Dexterity for the attack roll. The psychic damage further enhances your hit points within the game.
If by chance or by design you throw away or release the weapon from your hands then it will disappear at the end of the turn. But, the good part is that the spell will remain in the effect for 10 rounds of combat. If the weapon is not used in the game then it automatically vanishes at the end. But, you can pick it up in the bonus time-lapse.
|Where Does it Work||Green Blade Flame 5e||Booming Blade 5e|
|Twinned Spell Metamagic||Can`t be twinned||Can`t be twinned|
|Warcaster 5e feat||Yes||Yes|
|Spell Sniper 5e||No||No|
|Pact of the Blade 5e||Yes||Yes|
|Shadow Blade 5e||No||No|
Duration: 1 minute
School: 2nd level illusion
Cast Time: 1 Bonus Action
Components: Somatic (S) & Verbal (V)
5e Shadow Blade properties
The shadow possesses three main properties, as follows:
- Finesse: This property allows to implement the dexterity rather than the strength for attack rolls
- Thrown (20/60): This property allows the player to release the weapon under the challenging situation
- Light: The light property allows the user to utilize a bonus action to create an attack with the off-hand capability
Shadow blade 5e actually does work with the Booming Blade or Green Flame Blade. The Blade Cantrips specify that the weapon is used when needed the most. Shadow Blade 5e or Booming Blade 5e is the cast spell that a player may use in a certain spell time in the Dungeon & Dragon. The dim and dark light works best with the Shadow Blade.
So, stop wasting your team and CALL NOW for further information about secret but effective magic. But do you know how do you equip spells, sorcery, and magic in Elden Ring? Or All New Roblox World of Magic Codes, then do visit Qnnit for handy useful information.