Find out how to unblock Instagram on your school Chromebook in 2023 using the latest hacks and strategies.
Instagram stands out as a powerful communication and storytelling tool in a world powered by social media. On a school Chromebook, accessing Instagram can be difficult. Many schools have policies restricting students’ access to websites and social media sites.
Don’t worry! This article will discuss the most recent methods to unblock Instagram on your school-issued Chrome book in 2023 so you can enjoy Instagram’s latest features. Let’s get started!
Why can’t School Chrome Books Open Instagram.com?
Many educational institutions have entirely restricted access to social media sites due to the potential of getting challenged for allowing students to use school WiFi for cyberbullying.
The strict regulations put in place by administrators to reduce distractions and increase efficiency are the main reason school Chrome books can’t access Instagram. These regulations ensure that students concentrate on their schoolwork rather than spending time on social media platforms like Instagram.
How to Unblock Instagram on School Chrome Books: 9 Ways to Do it
Even if the authorities blocked your access to Instagram, several methods exist to use it at school. The following are the methods:
Method 1: Use a Proxy
When you connect to some third-party proxies, the block on the website you want to see is automatically lifted, which makes using a proxy useful for Instagram. A proxy can modify the server’s location and get over the Instagram barrier.
Follow the instructions below to access the desired website using a proxy:
- Browse to unblock-websites.com
- Type in instagram.com as the URL
- Choose a random IP
- Then select Surf
This is how you can view banned websites via a proxy.
Method 2: Using Google Translator
You might use several online techniques to access websites that might be banned. For this, Google Translator can be a helpful resource. Some individuals use it to watch specific types of videos, but it can also be used to access prohibited websites.
Method 3: Connect Using a VPN
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a tool that makes it simple to access restricted websites. Once you have VPN access, it automatically unblocks any website that has been blocked.
A VPN alters your IP with a different one more likely to be the VPN provider’s. There are now a couple of methods for turning on a VPN on a Chromebook.
- First, I can add a Chrome extension to configure the VPN easily
- You might use various VPN services to access Instagram on school Chrome books
How to Install/add a VPN App on your Chromebook
- Find and click the Play Store icon on your Chrome book’s desktop to launch it
- In the search bar, enter the name of the VPN you want to set up
- Select Install from the menu
- Open the VPN software that was installed on your computer. You might then be led to register for a VPN service plan and fill out the necessary information to set up a service account
- Open the VPN application again. Select the “Connect” button or toggle to create a VPN connection
Method 4: Use a Private Browser
Sometimes, the browser is more to blame when you can’t access social media sites because browsers like Google Chrome can be run by a person, in your instance, a school. One must find the VPN program window and select the Connect button to start a VPN connection to access prohibited social media websites.
You can easily access prohibited websites by using a private browser. You can use the following browser:
- Brave Browser
Method 5: Utilize a Mobile Hotspot to Access Instagram
Using your mobile hotspot to connect your Chromebook to the internet will allow you to get around the Instagram restriction.
Here is how you can utilize a mobile hotspot to access Instagram:
- Turn on the mobile hotspot on your smartphone by going to settings. As a result, your phone will function as a WiFi hotspot
- Find the WiFi settings on your Chromebook. Look for the name of the hotspot network on your smartphone
- Then, if necessary, enter the hotspot’s password after choosing it from the list of accessible WiFi networks
- Open the Chrome browser after you are connected
- In the address bar, type “Instagram.com” and press Enter
Method 6: Check the HTTPS Site
Try accessing the secure website by browsing https://www.instagram.com/ rather than the regular http:// version.
School officials may have restricted the site’s standard HTTP version but ignored its HTTPS version. Therefore, if the banned URL for Instagram is http://www.instagram.com/, adding an extra “s” to the URL to make it “https://” might allow you to get around the block.
You can easily access Instagram or other banned websites by experimenting with different URL versions (HTTP and HTTPS).
Method 7: Chrome Extensions
You can try using a Chrome extension to unblock Instagram if the Chromebook at your school allows you to install it.
Here are some steps to follow to add the Chrome extension:
- Start the Chrome web browser
- To access the Chrome Extensions page, enter “chrome://extensions/” in the search bar and tap on Enter
- Click the Chrome Web Store icon
- Find the extension you wish to use by searching
- Select “Add extension” from the “Add to Chrome” menu
- Open the Instagram website once it has been installed
Method 8: Contact your School IT Department
The IT department is in charge of restricting Instagram if you can’t access it at school. If you believe that your justification for utilizing this social networking site at school will convince them to assist you in accessing it, you can ask them for assistance.
Method 9: Use the Collage Board App
The methods for using this method to unblock a webpage on a Chromebook are simple to follow and require using the College Board application.
- Choose the time in the lower right corner
- Click Sign out
- To the left of the screen, in the bottom section, select Apps
- Open Collage Board
- Choose Forget Username
- Click the YouTube button after you scroll down
- Click SIGN IN once the YouTube website has opened
- At the bottom of the screen, click the terms
- Now select the 9-dot icon
- Select Search
You can now visit Instagram because it will launch Google in a new window.
You can utilize a VPN or web proxy to unblock Instagram on your school Chromebook in 2023 if you follow your school’s rules and guidelines.
This guide has been helpful in your understanding of how to Unblock Instagram on the School Chrome book.  in an easy way.