Aim assist is usually perceived as a cheap tool which is unfair on the behalf of players using mouse or keyboards for the purpose of shooting; although disregards what the elitists say. The reality is that M&K is far more effective in terms of precision and customizing the parameters to your preferences. A controller has several settings but is limited in what it can achieve. Nevertheless what equipment and platform you are using, Fortnite gives an equal to switch the Aim Assist.
How to Turn on Aim Assist in Fortnite?
The option for turning Aim Assist strangely is quite well hidden in the menus when setting up your controller. When standing lobby, follow the given steps to accomplish the task;
- Step # 1: Press Options/ Plus/ Pause (referring to any gesture that opens the drop-down menu present on the top left of the display.)
- Step # 2: Next, go to “Menu”.
- Step # 3: Press “Settings”.
- Step # 4: Once there, go to the “Controller Options” tab.
- Step # 5: After opening “Controller Options” tab, proceed to “Sensitivity”.
- Step # 6: Head over to “Use Advanced Options” to On.
- Step # 7: Search “Advanced – Sensitivity” option and customize your Aim Assist Strength.
- Step # 8: (Optional) Specify the strength as per your desire of accuracy from 0 (Aim Assist off) to 100 (Full Aim Assist).
On the right side of your screen a notification will appear informing you that any other change in the level of aim status other than 100% is not recommended. However this only is a suggestion, it entirely depends upon the player whether he/she specifies the precision to average or up to the peak. It strongly impacts on how accurate you will be when your reticle has latched onto an enemy.
Note: Remember that aim assist will only be handy if you use controller. Other than that the rules are different if you use Mouse and Keyboard as the prime tool for playing. As a Switch or PlayStation player, you also might want to ensure that all those adjustments don’t interfere with the Gyro controls.
One last thing to be careful about is that while using Aim Assist keep a check on your sensitivity level when focusing and scoping. As long as the pointer is on an opponent, these adjustments will apply to everything.