Even though playing tactical shooters with friends, like the FPS VALORANT from Riot Games, often improves the experience, there are times when you just want to play by yourself to avoid waiting in line with that one friend who doesn’t play very well.
Sadly, VALORANT’s creators have not made it simple to appear offline in-game. When you are playing the game, there is no option to set your status to offline. If you’re feeling frustrated, try not to be because there is an external solution to this problem.
All you should do in order to seem offline in VALORANT is download the application Deceive from a third-party website. As the name suggests, this programme will assist you in tricking your buddies and exploiting the system by making your user invisible while you play.
Remember that Riot expressly opposes the usage of third-party applications in both League of Legends and VALORANT. Depending on what the software performs, using it can lead to a ban.
However, Deceive has been operating for a while, and its users haven’t expressed any complaints about the programme getting them blacklisted. It could be that Vanguard, VALORANT’s anti-cheat system, is unaffected by the programme. However, use it at your own risk.
Here’s how to appear offline in VALORANT with the usage of Deceive.
How to download, install, and use Deceive in VALORANT to appear offline?
Deceive must first be downloaded and installed on your computer. You only need to follow the steps below, so don’t worry; it’s fairly simple.
- Step # 1: First, download Deceive on Github.
- Step # 2: Once the program is downloaded, create a shortcut of Deceive.exe.
- Step # 3: After that, right click the shortcut of Deceive.exe with your mouse and click on Properties.
- Step # 4: As soon as you click Properties, a screen will pop and you’ll see there’s a field name “Target.”
- Step # 5: Add an extra space after .exe and type valorant then.
- Step # 6: Lastly, press OK and run Deceive via the shortcut you added.
You only need to launch VALORANT now that Deceive is active. You should see an entry labeled “Deceive Active” on top of your friends list when the game is open. This shows that the programme is active and that you are at last offline in VALORANT.