If you wish to stream PlayStation 5 content on Discord, you’ll need the PS Remote Play software. It’s free and can be found on the Sony Interactive Entertainment website. Please remember that you may only use the software to stream on your PC, not your phone.
I’ve been broadcasting Hogwarts Legacy on Discord for my buddies since I downloaded it for my PS5. My friend recently asked me how I did this because my PS5 differs entirely from my PC. But I explained to him how simple it was.
So, I’ve got you covered if you want a fast overview.
How does PlayStation 5 Stream on Discord?
The PS Remote Play software is required to stream PS5 on Discord. It’s compatible with both Mac and Windows. Unfortunately, this means you won’t be able to stream your gameplay on the Discord mobile app.
If you’re asking if the app is free, the answer is yes. Furthermore, you may utilize it to exchange PS4 content.
Here’s how to get started with Discord streaming:
- Go to the PS Remote Play app website and download it to your Windows or Mac computer. (You cannot download the app through the official PlayStation website on Android or iPhone smartphones)
- After downloading the program, run it and complete the installation process
- Once you’ve configured your PS Remote Play App, sync it with your PS5 console
- What you’re doing on your PlayStation system should begin streaming to your computer via the PS Remote Play software
- Go to the Discord server where you wish to stream your gameplay
- Join a voice channel, then click the Share Screen button near the bottom (your broadcast will automatically play in 720 P. This cannot be changed unless you are a Discord Nitro user. They can broadcast at 1080p/4k at 60 frames per second)
- Once you’ve started broadcasting, invite your friends to your Discord channel to watch. They may do this on their PC or any mobile device, such as Android or Apple devices
- This should go without saying, but if you want to broadcast without interruption, you must have a solid internet connection. You may become stuck on the buffer, which your pals will not like
Can you Use Discord on the PlayStation Console?
Users of the PlayStation 5 may join Discord voice channels directly from their consoles. I know what you’re thinking: why can’t you broadcast what you’re playing now from your PlayStation?
Unfortunately, you cannot do so at this time. If this were the case, I would have included it in the preceding section.
This update is perfect since it lets you communicate with your colleagues through Discord voice calls when playing multiplayer games. Of course, you’ll need a high-quality microphone first.
Here’s how to get Discord on your PS5:
- Upgrade to the PS5 7.0 operating system
- Navigate to the Settings app from the home screen of your console
- Select the Users and Accounts tab
- Select Linked Services
- Look for Discord
- Verify that you are attempting to connect your Discord account to PlayStation 5
- You may now link your account using the PlayStation browser
- Enter your account information
Here’s how to join a Discord voice chat on your PlayStation:
- Launch Discord on your smartphone or PC
- Navigate to the server and the voice channel you want to join
- Navigate to the voice controls for the voice channel
- Choose the Join on PlayStation option
- From the pop-up menu, select the Transfer to PlayStation option. Now, you may use your controller to silence yourself or quit the voice conversation on your PS screen
Some frequently asked questions are answered here.
Where can you Purchase Discord Nitro?
Nitro is not costly; it costs roughly $9. It allows you to modify the quality of your stream, which is convenient.
You may subscribe to Discord Nitro in the following ways:
- Launch Discord (you may subscribe on several devices, including your PC and phone)
- Navigate to your Discord Settings
- Navigate to the Billing Settings section
- Select the Nitro option
- Select the Nitro plan that you desire
- Click Subscribe, then input your payment information on the new page
- Confirm payment
I’m a die-hard PlayStation lover who enjoys broadcasting what I play on my PS4 with my buddies. It’s simple to accomplish; you only need the PS Remote Play software and a reliable internet connection. The software is free, and you may enjoy the fact that it can even stream PS4 content.
It will essentially mirror everything you’re doing on your console to the PS Remote Play page, which you can post on Discord using the post Screen option. Unfortunately, you cannot do so on an Apple or Android smartphone.
Hopefully, you found all of the information presented beneficial and can now broadcast PS5 to Discord with ease.