Final Fantasy 7 Remake Status Effects
Beneficial Status Effects
Spells and Items can be used to apply beneficial status effects to party members.
- Regen: Gradually restores HP
- Barrier: Reduces physical damage taken
- Manaward: Reduces magic damage taken
- Shield: Nullifies physical damage taken
- Reflect: Reflects magic spells
- Haste: Quickens the rate at which the ATB gauge fills
- Resist: Prevents Status Ailments
- Auto-Life: Revives target from incapacitation once during battle
Enemies can afflict status ailments with spells and abilities. Use items such as antidotes or spells such as Esuna to remove them.
- Poison: Gradually saps HP
- Silence: Unable to cast spells
- Sleep: Unable to cast spells
- Slow: Decreases the rate at which the ATB gauge fills
- Stop: Unable to act
- Toad: Greatly lowers battle capabilities
- Berserk: Exchanges defense for strength (more damage is dealt and received)
- Quickens limit break gauge charge, but takes more damage
- Sedate: Takes less damage, but slows limit break gauge charge
Many spells and abilities are infused with the four main components: Fire with fire, Blizzard with ice, Thunder with lightning, and Aero with wind. Some enemies are weak against specific elements, so unleashing strikes infused with those components allow you to deal huge damage.