The Vampire Diaries captured the attention of a whole generation when it premiered in 2009. It was similar to the Twilight Saga but a lot more interesting. Although the intricate story arc is certainly a factor in the interest of viewers but another factor is the bad-boy vampire Damon Salvatore. The actor Ian Somerhalder played Damon with the perfect equanimity that Vampire Diaries fans are still loving Damon’s character. Today, we’ll explore all the details about Fans of Damon have long wanted learn about.
Who Is Damon Salvatore?
Damon Salvatore is a vampire and is the older cousin of Stefan Salvator. The antagonist is who is now the character in the show. He was born in 1839. Damon became human in 1839 after having been injected with the cure. He was transformed into a vampire in 1864. He is distantly related to Silas the oldest immortal. In the episode, Damon comes back in Mystic Falls, it’s stated that the Salvatore brothers were not in touch for the past 15 years due to their conflicting relationship. Damon eventually is part of the main storyline that is about the love triangle that exists between Damon, Stefan and Elena.
Damon Salvatore Rule 34
Rule 34 is a infamous internet rule that is applicable to anything that has ever been created, from TV shows to video games. This rule statesthat “If it’s out there, it is no doubt about it. There are no exceptions.” According to this rule, all website has an adult, 18+ version online. The heartthrob Damon Salvatore was never going to be an exception to this rule. There’s plenty of adulterous content about Damon Salvatore on the internet. This is a very popular trend right now. Actually, Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe even went through some of the sexually explicit fan fiction created about his character. It’s becoming a standard trend to show sexually explicit videos and content about movie and TV characters.
Damon Salvatore Car
Damon’s car also has received a fair amount of acclaim from the people who love the. Although it’s not as famous than Dean Winchester’s 1967 Chevrolet Impala from Supernatural but it still has sparked the interest for viewers of the Vampire Diaries audience. If you’re curious about the kind of vehicle Damon Salvatore drives on the show, it’s an standard 1970 Chevy Camaro Convertible. The car first appeared on the show on Thursday Night Bites when Damon dropped off Caroline at a cheerleading class.
Damon Salvatore Quotes
Damon had a lot of iconic lines in Vampire Diaries. Here are some of his most iconic quotes:
- To Stefan: ” Hello, brother.”
- To Stefan: “She took my breath away. Elena. She’s a dead ringer for Katherine. Is it working, Stefan? Being around her, being in her world? Does it make you feel alive?”
- To Stefan: “Tell me something, when’s the last time you had something stronger than a squirrel?”
- To Elena: “Oops. Well, I’m sure it’ll come up now. Or maybe he didn’t want to tell you because he didn’t want you to think he was on the rebound. We all know how those relationships end.”
- To Elena: “I’m a fatalist.”
- To Stefan: “Were you worried, Stefan? Scared we may be doomed to repeat the past? Isn’t that why you play your little game, “I’m a high school human”?”
- To Stefan: “Oh, there’s only one “do-gooder” role available. My bad. I’m sorry”
- To Jeremy: “Life sucks either way, Jeremy. But, at least if you’re a vampire, you don’t have to feel bad about it if you don’t want to.”
- To Katherine: “You know, I came to this town wanting to destroy it. Tonight, I found myself wanting to protect it. How does that happen? I’m not a hero, Elena. I don’t do good. It’s not in me.”
- To Katherine: “Because she did it for you. Which means that somewhere along the way, you decided that I was worth saving. And I wanted to thank you for that.”
- To Elena: “Really? Earlier, on the porch, we were talking, all cathartic, feelings exposed. Come on, we kissed, Elena.”
- To Stefan: “Woman certainly knows how to make an entrance.”
- To Elena: “Yes Bonnie, I would love to know why a non-vampire was tortured by the vampire torture device that you let John Gilbert use against us. Speaking of your guilt, how’s Caroline?”
- To Katherine: “I have a question. Answer it and it’s back to fireworks and rockets red glare. Answer it right and I’ll forget the last one hundred and forty five years that I’ve spent missing you. I’ll forget how much I loved you, I’ll forget everything and we can start over. This could be our defining moment because we have the time. That’s the beauty of eternity. I just need the truth, just once.”
- To Jeremy: “You want to shut out the pain? It’s the easiest thing in the world. The part of you that cares just goes away, all you have to do is flip the switch and snap!”
- To Stefan: “Are you worried that one day, all the forest animals are gonna band together and fight back? I mean, surely they talk.”
- To Elena: “No, I just have to say it once. You just need to hear it. I love you, Elena and it’s because I love you that… I can’t be selfish with you. Why you can’t know this. I don’t deserve you but my brother does. God, I wish you didn’t have to forget this but you do.”
- To Elena: “Yeah, you should learn to knock. What if I was…indecent?”
- To Elena: “No, you stop, Elena! Stop looking for him. Stop waiting for him to come home. Just stop! Stefan is gone and he’s not coming back. Not in your lifetime.”
- To Elena: “Happy Birthday, Elena. Stefan killed Andie. Cake?”
- To Elena: “What’s your big plan, Elena? Huh? You gonna walk through a campsite full of werewolves, roast a marshmallow, and wait for Stefan to stop by?”
- To Elena: “Because when I drag my brother from the edge and deliver him back to you, I want you to remember the things you felt while he was gone. Good night, Elena.”
- To Elena: “I was around. Chicago’s a big city. Stefan was a cocky ripper douche. But I could avoid him and still indulge in a few Daisy Buchanans of my own.”
- To Gloria: “Gloria. Damn! If I knew you were going to age like this, I would have stuck around.”
- To Stefan: ” For us to have our epic goodbye, Stefan?”
- To Elena: “Yeah, I get it. Stefan, it’s always gonna be Stefan.”
- To Elena: “But you wouldn’t be! And you would have gotten to grow up and had the life that you wanted; the life that you deserved. And I know that I didn’t use to get that but I do now and I wanted that for you, Elena, and I would have gladly have given it to you and let Matt die; because I am that selfish. But you knew that already. The first night we met is not all that you remember.”
- To Stefan: “Then you better hope she’s not a fan of Bambi.”
- To Alaric: “They’re floating lanterns in the sky, can you believe that? A Japanese lantern is a symbol of letting go of the past. Well, here’s a news flash, we’re not Japanese! Do you know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle is going to make everything okay or even saying a prayer or pretending Elena is not going to end up just like the rest of us murderous vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating, little children. I know what you’re going to say; “It makes them feel better, Damon.” So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What differences does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody; every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing that you have left is a hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I’m pretty sure is wrong. So, thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit, because I should have been long gone by now. I didn’t get the girl, remember? I’m just stuck here fighting with my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.”
- To Silas: “If I have to hear the word ‘doppelgänger’ one more time, I think I’m gonna actually have to learn how to spell it”.
- To Jeremy: “How exactly did the Gilbert-Donovan brain trust put all that together? Never mind, it doesn’t matter. Just hide her. If Silas wants her bad enough to sic the whole town on her, that means we want her more. Stay out of sight—you were the last person who Silas saw her with.”
- To Elena: “What, you think I am? I mean, no one tells me how I live my life, no one tells me who I love, especially not some vindictive prehistoric witch, and definitely not the universe. And I’m not gonna let someone else’s idea of destiny stop me from loving you or being with you or building a future with you, because you are my life.”
- To Elena: “You take one philosophy class, now you’re the queen of nature versus nurture?”
- To Elena: “Lady Anne Boleyn. Now, who in their right mind would cut off a head so gorgeous?”
- To Nadia: “The nicest thing that Katherine Pierce will ever do is feeding the maggots that feast on her flesh. Give it up. You’re not giving her back.”
- To Markos: “I’d invite you to stay for dinner, but I’m not very familiar with traveler cuisine. Although I’m sure it involves a lot of trail mix and gruel.”
- To Elena: “Even if I wanted to apologize, you couldn’t hear me. So I won’t.”
- To Elena: “And this conversation is pretty much the smart, level-headed you talking to the irrational possible drug addict you. Which is clear evidence of your insanity.”
- To Bonnie: “You know, I am acutely aware that we are in some otherworldly time dimension. However, do you ever think for one second that maybe it’s you being negative reacting to my natural self negative-ly?”
- To Bonnie: “First of all. Don’t nickname, that’s my thing….And this proof….This mysteriously filled in crossword could very easily have been you.”
- To Kai: “This has been a monumentally bad day in a sea of bad days, so I’m gonna need to know who you are, what you’re doing here, and how it relates to me, or I’m gonna rip your throat out.”
- To Kai: “Oh my god, just answer the damn question. How are we going to get out of this Twilight Zone? “
- To Kai: “The only reason that you’re alive right now is because I thought you could get us out of here and you could help us. But you don’t HAVE any answers! You’re just a man-child….with jam on your fingers!”
- To Stefan: “Because I’m not dead, Stefan. I mean, this stuff’s good, but it’s not “I see dead people” good. Heh….Heh. It’s a hell of a long story, brother, but… I’m back. I’m back….Yeah….I’m back, Stefan…”
- To Stefan: “I just need to see her Stefan. Our eyes will meet, fireworks will go off, and the balance of nature will be restored. She loves me!”
- To Elena: “Okay, I’ll start. I know Alaric eternal sunshined our relationship out of your brain but please, please tell me it’s coming back. Or at least part of it, because…imagining this exact moment is what got me through the last few months.”
- To Bonnie: “The first second, I thought of how amazing it would feel to have Elena in my arms again. By second number two, I was kissing her…And by the third, I remember you’re my best friend, and that if anything ever happened to you, I would lose my mind. So, yes, Bonnie, I do know how long three seconds are.”
- To Stefan: “Just so we’re clear, I’m taking the master bedroom. Carol Lockwood and I had a little thing. I think she’d want me to have it. Let’s open some windows, too. It reeks of dog in here. Which is impressive, considering Tyler’s been with Jeremy for months.”
- To Stefan: “Have no fear! I have a call in with the registrar’s office, and I will find out who, exactly does own the house in a matter of minutes, at which point we kill said person, storm the castle, and save your damsel.”
- To Bonnie: “Burning that bastard’s body would’ve been too good for Lily. I want to give her that man she’s cherished and loved and missed for a hundred years. I want her to run into Julian’s arms, and I want her to remember what it feels like to have him returned. I want her to taste true happiness… And then, I want to rip his head off right in front of her. I want to break her heart. I want to break her spirit. I want to destroy her.”
- To Bonnie: “Well, glad to see you boarding this train to Crazytown, Bonnie Bennett! I was getting lonely all by myself.”
- Damon: “Huh. Looks like mom raised her man crush from the dead.”
Damon Salvatore Shirtless Scenes
Damon Salvatore raised the temperature quite a bit throughout Vampire Diaries with his shirtless scenes. Although there are plenty of scenes that are shirtless of Daman Salvatore’s on the set of Vampire Diaries, there are some which stand out above the others. We’ll highlight the best ones below.
It was a long-awaited event to Vampire Diaries fans that had been waiting on Damon as well as Elena to be together. It’s also important to note that Elena is related to Damon just adds more drama to the situation.
This scene appeared completely from nowhere and caught fans off guard. Damon in shower was certainly more dramatic than VD fans were expecting in the present. Despite the complete randomness (or because of it) it did get many hearts racing.
Casual Towel Walk by Scene
This show was famous for throwing odd Damon Salvatore scenes without his shirt on. We’re sure that the fans don’t mind. It was also totally random, and occurred when the Heretics arrived at their home at the Salvatore residence.
Delena Kiss Scene
It was a moment to be swooned over for a lot of Vampire Diaries fans. It was the first time that fans witnessed a real Delena kiss and also showcased the bond between the two main actors.
Damon Tease Scene
Damon and Elena enjoyed a great relationship, however it grew 10 times more when Damon was able to get her attention. This is a prime example of this scene. As Elena attempts to get things to go her way together with Stefan, Damon tries to change the situation to his advantage by putting on an unintentional tease. He even sings the classic, “You staying for the show Or not?” It was a extremely emotional moment that viewers enjoyed every minute of it.
If you loved Damon Salvatore in Vampire Diaries, you would love these Anime hotties.