Gmail or Google Mail is the largest email service provider in the world. It was launched in 2004 and since then it has over 1.5 billion users around the globe. It is very user-friendly and is available in over 100 languages. Gmail has very strict safety and privacy standards.
When you create a Gmail account Google asks users to provide a phone number. There are some ways to make a Google Mail account without a number. This article will tell you in detail how to create an account on Gmail without providing a phone number.
Why Gmail Is Asking for a Phone Number to Create an Account?
Google asks for a phone number to set up a new Gmail account. There are several different reasons why they ask for a number.
Here are the 5 Reasons:
- Security Reasons: One of the major reasons Google asks for a phone number is security. Google can send you a message right away if there is some security breach or attempt to hack the account.
- Account Recovery: If Google has your phone number account recovery is possible in case you forget the password or your account gets hacked.
- Verification Purposes: Google encourages to enable two-step verification. In this way, Google can send messages on your phone and verify every time that it is not any other that you trying to log into the account.
- Anti-Spam Measures: Google asks users to provide a phone number to discourage spam accounts. People who want to create multiple accounts need multiple phone numbers which is not possible.
- Other Additional Features: There are many other additional features that are available for users who provide their phone numbers to Google.
How to Create a Gmail Account without Phone Verification?
Whenever you want to make a new account on Gmail, Google will ask you to provide your phone number. There is one easy way to make a Gmail account without phone verification and that is to make your new account on the Gmail App.
Google will let users make accounts for the time being but whenever you log in again they will ask for a phone number. To avoid being asked phone number again and again by Google add another recovery email ID to your account so that Google can contact you on that email in case you are trying to sign in on some other device or computer.
Follow these steps to create Gmail without providing a phone number:
- Open the Gmail App
- Click on Create Account
- Write your full name
- Choose or write your desired email ID
- Write a new password for your Gmail and confirm it
- Write the details about your birth date
- Write your gender, phone number, recovery email (optional)
- Click on Next and agree with the terms and conditions
- Your Gmail account is ready to be used
If the above-mentioned method doesn’t work, there are still many ways to create an account on Gmail without providing your phone number. Please read the full article to know more.
Different Ways to Create a Gmail Account without Phone Number:
There are many other ways to create a Gmail account without providing your phone number to Gmail. Some of them are as follows:
- Use a Free Online SMS Website
- Use Virtual Phone Number Apps
- Use BlueStacks App
Use a Free Online SMS Website:
Using a free online website is a great option to create an account on Gmail for business use or personal use. There are many companies that provide fake phone numbers along with a public inbox.
Gmail sometimes doesn’t accept the numbers available on these free SMS websites but you should give it a try and see your luck.
Follow these steps to get a fake phone number from a free online SMS website to create a Gmail account:
- “Open Gmail.com” on your browser
- Click on “Create Account” for Business or Myself
- Type your “Full Name”
- Write your “Basic Information”
- Choose Your “desired email ID”
- Choose a “strong password”
- Now “Google will ask for Phone Number”
- Open another web page and visit “www.receivesms.co”
- Choose a “country” you want a number from
- Choose a phone number and click “Read Received SMS”
- Now come back to your “Google sign-in page” where Google was asking for a phone number and write down the number you choose from the Receive SMS website.
- Now go back to the “Receive SMS” website and click on Update Message
- “Copy the received OTP” and “paste it on the Gmail Sign-in webpage”.
- Your account is ready to be used.
Now, let`s move to the other part with which you can also create Gmail account without entering your phone number.
Use Virtual Phone Number Apps:
Virtual Phone Number Apps are also a great option for ditching phone number verification on Gmail. The plus point of these apps is that they actually provide a real phone number and you can also make calls from virtual numbers. Virtual numbers are private numbers meant to be just for one person’s use and the OTP provided by Gmail remains confidential and secret.
Hence there are less chance of security breach. The only disadvantage of virtual phone number apps is that they are really expensive. Google may not accept some of the numbers provided by these apps so always do your research before spending your money and buying a virtual number.
Follow these steps to create Gmail Account using third party app and without providing your original phone number:
- Navigate to “https://tempsmss.com/”
- Choose any “country” to get the numbers
- Tap on “receive SMS” on any tab
- Provide the required information and receive the “disposable phone number”
Now, follow the above-mentioned method to continue with making the Gmail account
Use BlueStacks App:
Using BlueStacks is another great way to make an account on Gmail without providing a phone number. It is an Android emulator and it may not work in some countries. So always do your homework beforehand.
To create a Gmail account with the help of BlueStacks, you need to follow these steps:
- Install and open the BlueStacks App on your PC
- Click on the Gmail icon inside the BlueStacks App
- Choose “Add a Google Account”
- Click on “Create Account”
- Fill in all the required information and your account will be ready to use
Create a Google Account without a Phone Number on a Mobile: Android/iOS:
Creating a Google account on mobile without giving a phone number is possible. You can make a Gmail account without a number on both Android and Apple phones.
Follow these steps to create a Gmail account on mobile:
- Open “Settings” on your phone
- Scroll down and select “Google”
- Open your existing “Google account”
- Click on “Add another Account”
- Click on “Create Account”
Write your “full name” and click on “Next”
- “Enter the required information like birth date and gender”
- Select your “desired email ID”
- Click on “Skip” when Google asks you the phone number
- Click on “I Agree” on privacy and terms page
Your Gmail account is ready to be used.
Create a Google Account Without a Phone Number on a PC:
There are several different ways to create a new Gmail account without mentioning your phone number. Some of them are as below:
- Use a VPN: In some countries, it is possible to make a new Gmail account without a phone number, so if Google is asking you for a phone number you can use a VPN to trick Gmail. There are so many free VPNs available such as PrivadoVPN, Proton VPN, TunnelBear, HotspotShield, etc.
- Recovery Email: Gmail will sometimes let you make an account if you provide a recovery email ID while making an account.
- Enter your Age as 15 Years: There is one more brilliant way to make an account without providing a phone number and that is when you are creating an account, mention yourself underage like 15 years old.
15 years old kids usually don’t have mobiles so Google will let you proceed without the phone number. There are some disadvantages to this method because you will not be able to enjoy the features for adult users.
- Buy a Virtual Phone Service: You can easily create an account with the help of virtual numbers. So get yourself a virtual number if you don’t want to share your personal phone number with Google. Some virtual numbers are not accepted by Google so always check and research which virtual phone apps to select for this purpose.
Points to Remember While Creating a Google Account Without a Phone Number:
Always remember these points while making a Google Mail account without providing a phone number:
- Use a virtual phone number:
Always use a virtual phone number when making an account without a phone number.
- Provide accurate information:
Always provide accurate information to Google, there are more chances Google will let you proceed if you provide them with true information.
- Use an alternate email address:
Always remember to write an alternate recovery email ID and Google may let you make an account without a number.
- Use a friend’s or family member’s phone number:
If you don’t want to use your own number you can always ask for help from family and friends and use their number.
Benefits of Giving a Phone Number While Making an Account:
There are many benefits if you provide Google with your phone number while making an account. Some of them are as follows:
- You can recover your account in case it gets hacked.
- You can easily retrieve your Gmail account in case you forget your password.
- You can enjoy additional features of Google meant for users who provide their complete information.
- The chances of a security breach are very low because Google will ask you whenever there will be a login attempt from some new device.
How to Remove Already Added Phone Number from Gmail?
There are many security benefits of providing your phone number to Google. If you have already provided Google with your phone number and you want to remove it follow these steps:
- Open your Google account and click on your profile image
- Click on “Manage Your Account”
- From the left side of your screen Choose “Personal Info”
- Choose on “Contact Information” after that select “Phone”
- Click on the “Phone Number”
- Select the “Trash” icon to delete your number
Now, you have successfully removed the already added phone number in your Gmail account.
Here are the frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Ways to Create a Gmail Account without a Phone Number are as follows:
Q1: Can I Create a Gmail account without a phone number?
Ans: Yes, there are many ways to create an account without providing Gmail with the phone number.
- Use a VPN
- Use Gmail App
- Use BlueStacks App
- Add a recovery Email ID
- Enter your age as 15 years old
- Use a Free Online SMS Website
- Use Virtual Phone Number Apps
Q2: Can I use a temporary phone number to create an email address?
Ans: Creating a Gmail account with a temporary phone number is possible. You can get the verification code on these phone numbers for account creation.
Q3: Are there any limitations to using an email address without a phone number?
Ans: The only additional features users who provide phone numbers are security features. It’s possible to recover your account in case it gets hacked or you forget your password.
Q4: How to skip phone verification while creating a Gmail account?
Ans: You can create an account on Gmail without phone verification if you are making an account on the Gmail App of your phone.
Q5: How Many Gmail Accounts Can You Verify Using One Phone Number?
Ans: Four accounts can be made on one phone number according to Google policies.
Q6: Why does Gmail ask for a phone number to make an account?
Ans: The main reasons Google asks for a phone number are:
- Security Reasons
- Account Recovery
- Identity Verification
- Anti-Spam Measures
Q7: What are some free VPNs available to make an account without a phone number?
Ans: There are many VPNs available for free. Some of them are as follows:
- Proton VPN
- VPN Unlimited
- Hotspot Shield
This article was all about how to create a Gmail account without providing your phone number. There are many ways to do this but the easiest and best way is to make a Google Mail account on the Gmail App of your mobile phone. Some other ways are using VPN, using virtual numbers, using BlueStacks, etc.
Accounts of users who provide phone numbers to Google are safer and there is very low chance of any security breach. Also the accounts can be retrieved if Google has your number in case it gets hacked. For more useful tips regarding Gmail visit Qnnit.com and check out How to Login into Blooket with Google Account 2023? Or How to Fix Hulu Keeps Logging Me Out [ Easy Fix ].