Apply MacBook Pro is among the top and most popular laptops worldwide. However, the laptop has an average battery life that runs between 17 to 20 hours. If you have multiple tasks and require your laptop to run for a long time, but your MacBook does not show that performance, then there is a high chance your laptop battery may malfunction.
So, if you are wondering MacBook Pro: How Much Does It Cost to Replace the Battery? Then, read this blog till the end to get yourself updated.
Types of Batteries Used in MacBook Pro
There are two types of MacBook Pro batteries models:
MacBook Pro laptops which were released before mid-2009, have removable batteries. On the other hand, the latest MacBook Pro laptop models from 2009 have non-removable batteries glued to the frame. It is important to note that removable batteries do not have Retina Displays.
When do You need to Change the MacBook Pro Battery?
Below are the signs which indicate that you need to change the battery of your MacBook Pro laptop:
- Check the MacBook Pro battery status. If it shows to replace the battery or service battery, make sure to replace it as soon as possible
- You must change your laptop battery if it drains faster than normal
- If your laptop shutdowns unnecessarily, your MacBook Pro laptop battery must be replaced soon
- Overheating of the laptop is another important sign that indicates battery replacement
Below are the four possible statuses for your MacBook Pro laptop conditions:
- Normal: It indicates that your laptop does not require any replacement
- Replace soon: It indicates that your laptop battery is performing less than when it was new
- Replace now: It indicates that your MacBook Pro laptop charges less than its original capacity
- Service battery: It indicates that the system has detected a fault with your laptop
MacBook Pro: How Much Does It Cost to Replace the Battery?
Below are the prices cost depending on the model of the MacBook Pro laptop:
13-inch MacBook Pro Battery Replacement Cost
In case you have a 13-inch MacBook Pro Retina, then the cost of battery replacement is $129. However, if you have a non-retina 13-inch MacBook Pro, the cost of battery replacement is $69.
15-inch MacBook Pro Battery Replacement Cost
In case you have a 15-inch MacBook Pro Retina, then the cost of battery replacement is $169. However, if you have a non-retina 15-inch MacBook Pro, the cost of battery replacement is $99.
16-inch MacBook Pro Battery Replacement Cost
In case you have a 16-inch MacBook Pro, then the cost of battery replacement is $199.
17-inch MacBook Pro Battery Replacement Cost
In case you have a 17-inch MacBook Pro Retina, then the cost of battery replacement is $199.
Note: if an AppleCare+ plan covers your laptop, then the cost of a MacBook Pro replacement will be free.
What are Ways to Replace a MacBook Pro Battery?
Below are the four possible ways to replace a MacBook Pro battery:
- Replacement of battery through using apple’s 1-year warranty service
- Taking the laptop to your nearest Apple Store for a battery replacement
- Replacing the MacBook Pro battery in a local computer repair shop to save some money
- Doing this task on your own, collecting the replacement requirements
Can I Change the MacBook Pro Battery Myself?
If you are willing to replace the MacBook Pro battery, you must first check out if the laptop has removable or non-removable batteries. It is worth mentioning that you can only replace the removable battery.
Below are the possible ways to replace a MacBook Pro battery by yourself:
- Make sure to power off the laptop and remove the laptop’s back cover
- Detach the laptop battery from the motherboard and make sure to remove the screw holding down the battery
- Now, remove the old battery from the MacBook Pro and put in the new one
- Screw the battery and then attach it to the motherboard
- Make sure to fit the laptop cover better again, and then start your MacBook Pro laptop
How to Check the Battery Cycles on MacBook Pro?
Below are the four steps to check the battery cycles on your MacBook Pro:
Step 1: Go to the MacBook Pro home screen and click the Apply icon in the top left corner. A toolbox will be seen, so you must click on the option “About This Mac.”
Step 2: In the About this Mac section, click on the option System Report.
Step 3: In the system report, make sure to click on the power tab, where you will get the details about your laptop battery.
Step 4: Lastly, it is time to make a final decision on whether to replace the battery or not. After seeing the total number of battery cycles, your laptop has gone through. So, if your laptop’s cycle count number is approaching 1000, then your laptop is working slowly. So, replace it as soon as you can.
Laptops are the basic requirements of daily life. So, it is necessary to keep it up to date and check the battery to work properly. So, it is high time for MacBook Pro users to check out the battery life and its cycles to keep their laptops safe and sound from malfunctioning.
So, the blog has covered all the required details about the MacBook Pro: How Much Does It Cost to Replace the Battery? Read the blog carefully to replace your laptop if it goes out of battery. Visit our website Qnnit for more blogs that contain important details about the laptops that might help you to buy the perfect laptop for yourself. what do you need to know about a 44Hz laptop?, There are many types of ThinkPad laptops, which one is perfect for you?, and Lenovo Ideapad 330-15 AMD Review.